EU Erasmus Mundus student scholarships
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is awarded to the best students admitted each year to the programme from all over the world.
The scholarship amounts to a maximum of 33,600 € (1400 € per month for up to 24 months).
All scholarship holders are granted a tuition fee waiver.
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must
- comply with the Erasmus Mundus Mobility Requirement
- be a full-time student on the programme.
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship holders must successfully complete a minimum of 30 ECTS in two countries which are different from the country in which you resided at the time of application.
This requirement affects applicants residing in Poland and Italy at the time of application:
- if you reside in Italy at the time of application and choose University of Milan (in Italy) as your second-year university, you will not be eligible for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. However, you will be eligible for the scholarship if you choose another second-year university.
- if you reside in Poland at the time of application and choose University of Warsaw (in Poland) as your second-year university, you will not be eligible for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship. However, you will be eligible for the scholarship if you choose another second-year university.
If you are selected for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, the first instalment is transferred upon arrival to the University of Copenhagen – expected disposal by the end of September.
The scholarship cannot be paid in advance nor be deferred for later admission.
Every scholarship holder will get more information on what to do to receive the scholarship before study start.
You apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship when you apply for admission.
In the application portal you will be asked if you want to apply for the scholarship. You can still apply for admission if you do not wish to apply for the scholarship.
You cannot apply for the scholarship without applying for admission to the programme.
You cannot apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarship if you have previously obtained an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship.
MERGED is committed to uncover and pursue new options for increased financial support to the programme.
Erasmus Mobility Grant
If you have not been selected for an Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, you may apply for the Erasmus Mobility Grant.
The grant will expectedly amount to 450-500 EUR per month – the monthly rate depends on your mobility track.
You may apply for the grant during the first semester of your studies at the University of Copenhagen. You can apply for 10-12 months of grant.
The grant will be disbursed for your second year of studies only. It cannot be granted for the first year of studies.
Key sources of funding:
- The National Academic Exchange Agency (NAWA) offering scholarships for non-Polish students (through the Poland My First Choice Programme and
- The Stefan Banach Scholarship Program)
- The University of Warsaw special scholarships: the Rector’s Scholarship, Social Scholarships, and the Scholarships for people with disabilities.